Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thoughts on my Mom



This morning as I was showering (crying and showering) after Mom left, I thought about why I miss her so much when she is not here. Then it hit me. My Mom is good for my soul. She is a fun, funny, silly, thoughtful, kind, and generous spirit that truly just makes me glow inside. She is fun to be around and always humming a little tune (or talking to herself...or the project she is working on...damn those curtains!). She is the kind of Mom that leaves a little box of chocolates under your pillow when she leaves. Or a little card on the counter with words of thanks and also a few words of wisdom. Inside this morning's card was "Devin and Colton are good boys. Don't give up. The end will be worth all the sweat and tears. I know, I've shed a few! Just love them and find something to smile about." She always says these things and I believe her. I know she is right. She ALWAYS finds the happiness in things and brings that little something to your life...ya know? That something that after being with her, you can't help but be happier. And at the same time she is one of those people that just says what is on her mind and also gives her opinion (even if you aren't really looking for it). She just be-bops through life with a huge smile on her face and a huge heart in her chest.

I enjoyed just dinking through my day with her. We must have dinked our afternoons away for several days and I couldn't have been happier to have her by my side. It might seem to the mere observer that we really didn't do much for 10 days but my soul is happier and I miss her already. I love you so much Mom! Thanks for being YOU! I am a very lucky daughter!

No comments: