Monday, September 1, 2008

Our Governor for VP?

Holy smokes! Not much work got done in the State of Alaska last Friday. EVERYONE, that I work around at least, talked of nothing else! I have to admit that I am very proud. She is a woman and she is from ALASKA! Say no more!

Several have emailed asking what I think of my Governor. Mind you, my perspective is one of a southeast Alaskan (it is no secret that she favors the northern part of the state). So, my only reservation about her is that she is trying to slowly move the capital from Juneau, even after campaigning otherwise. A move like that is greatly feared down here and would be devastating. Other than that, she is straightforward, ambitious and certainly seems to walk the walk...very no nonsense.

Above is the editorial cartoon that appeared in this Sunday's paper. It is very true. We, in Alaska, were just as shocked as the rest of the world!

May the best man....er....woMAN win!

No comments: