Monday, August 4, 2008

Devin is home!



Last Wednesday night my last birdie flew home (well, he actually came home on the fast ferry). He has been gone since June 8th (3 weeks in Eagle River and another 4 & 1/2 weeks in Sitka). He grew another foot above me (notice in the picture!) and his voice is deeper. He is mostly planning on just hanging out the rest of summer and trying to avoid getting a hair cut. Those are his goals pretty much. Oh to be 14 again huh? "Live it up now!" is what I say!


I have to admit that is sure feels nice to have all my little birds under one roof again. The house just feels so strange with one missing. I don't know what I'll do when he leaves for college. I guess I'll cross that bridge in 4 years.


Welcome home Devin...we all missed you!


1 comment:

Erin said...

The cake looks yummy!!! Glad Devin is back home safe & sound. What is up with this shag dew for men? I am old & don't get it.