Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Derby Weekend






This past weekend was Derby Weekend. I took Friday off from work and fished with Ed on Friday and Sunday. It was not the best weather and it was not the best fishing but it was fun none the less! I entered a 12# 3 oz coho salmon. It placed 59th on Friday but did not make it to the end. We ended up with a few more salmon and some baby halibut. All fine eatin'!

Pictures are: Essentials for the boat....junk food; another essential....coffee (it was Arizona Gold coffee from my brother Jeff...delish); yet another essential....my JB bucket hat with all my derby pins (I wear this every year); salted herring (the bait); the big fish I caught.

The big winner was a 35# King Salmon and the prize was $15,000!! We will keep trying!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want that J&B picture on the calendar this year. It is vintage "Kelly". Love Mum

Erin said...

derby time looks fun. sorry your fish did not win maybe next year. i agree with mom-your hat photo needs to make the calendar, very classic. glad you & ed had fun & some kiddo free time. when is the fish fry?

Unknown said...

Hi Kel - somehow just never pictured you holding a big-a$$ fish!! NICE! I agree w/ your mom and bro (HI!!) - the derby hat rocks! Love, 3BP